On Tuesday when we were in the emergency room, I heard God's voice very clearly saying, "I've chosen a different path for Maia." Now what that means, I have no idea. But, it did remind me that He is the one in control. Not me. And I trust His goodness, His mercy, His compassion.
The evil one does everything that he can to steal our happiness and joy. And he would like nothing more than to see me paralyzed in fear right now. I admit that it's hard not to give in to that. My heart is breaking for my sweet girl.
So in the midst of this uncertainty, there are truths that I choose to claim.
- By His wounds, you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24
- For I am the LORD who heals you. Exodus 15:26
- For He has torn, but He will heal us. He has stricken, but He will bind up. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight. Hosea 6:1-3
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
- Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength ; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:28-30
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8