Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, May 28, 2012

Listening

This morning as I started my devotions, I asked God to help me to listen to Him better. I am often "rushing" to get through and move on to the next part of my day instead of taking time to hear what He is saying. Of course I was praying about Maia as well. One of the Bible verses that God brought me to this morning was Psalm 139:16. The second part of the verse says, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." What a reminder that even before Maia was born, God knew that these difficult days were going to be part of her (our) lives. And He is with us even in the midst of the storm.
The other verse that He brought me to was Acts 17:28. "In Him, we live and move and have our being." To me the emphasis is on "IN HIM." Not because of anything that I do, but IN HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill