Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Never a dull moment

Not even on Mother's Day.  We've had a full weekend!!  Saturday morning, Maia and I went to order a new set of glasses for her. Sweet thing is going to have bifocals. When Mark told me, I said "Seriously??? How does a four year old manage bifocals?" But apparently, they do. It's not for her vision, but to help with her alignment. Should have them in a week or so. I'll post pics of Miss Maia in her new glasses when they arrive.

My parents watched the kids yesterday afternoon so Mark and I could have a little time by ourselves. We'd hoped to go four-wheeling, but just ran out of time trying to get everything ready to go. Instead, we went for a drive. It was so nice to have just a little quiet, be able to carry on a conversation without interuption, and enjoy each other's company. Thanks mom and dad. The kids had a blast! After a couple of hours, we came back and then went out for dinner with my parents. Friday was my mom's birthday and yesterday was Mark's birthday.

Today, we headed for Wisconsin to the annual Mother's Day get together with my mother-in-law's family. It's been about 7 months since we saw the cousins, aunts, and uncles. Matthew and Maia had a great time playing with cousins their age and a friendly puppy.

By the time we stopped at my parents' house to drop off some trees, the kids were completely exhausted and quite crabby. Thought they would fall asleep on the way home, but nope... About 30 minutes from our house,  Matthew started yelling and crying about pain in his right ear. Mark stopped long at the house long enough to drop Maia and I off and for us to look in Matthew's ear to make sure he hadn't got something stuck in it. They are at the Emergency Dept right now. Right ear significantly impacted with wax. They need to get that cleaned out so they can see the eardrum, etc. Nose, throat, other ear show signs of infection. I'm guessing antibiotics are in order.

Bed's in order for me. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Oh... I almost forgot to share a sweet moment. I wish that I had caught this with my camera, but I didn't get one picture this weekend. Brought my camera today and was so busy visiting I forgot to get it out. UGH!

Anyway, we stopped to see Mark's grandma this afternoon. She's 100 years old and we are so blessed to still have her with us. The kids had been wild at the nursing home. I think they were so tired that they were running around in an attempt to stay awake. We were getting ready to say good-bye and I asked Matthew to give grandma a hug. Now, Matthew is not known for his gentle nature. He is a rough and tumble kid. ;-) But, he walked quietly up to his great-grandma and gave her the softest, most gentle hug that you can imagine. It brought tears to my eyes. Hopefully, we will have the chance to visit her again soon and I can try to remember to have the camera out next time.

Ok, now I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill