Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

There are many, many things to be thankful for this Thursday although one of them will be the topic of a separate post and only briefly mentioned here.
  • For three weeks following Maia's return home, we have been blessed with meals - almost every single day. Friends, church family, and acquantainces have dropped off fabulous food. A bloggy friend and a fellow adoptive mom (we met in Kyiv last June as we were heading to Sevastopol for Matthew and she was bringing home her beautiful daughter) have provided for us. It has been an amazingly, humbling experience. I can not begin to tell you what a gift it has been, especially as I returned to work. To be able to come home at the end of the day and not worry about what was for dinner was wonderful. I was able to just enjoy time with the kids and Mark. Plus, we sometimes had leftovers for lunch the following day. Thank you is inadequate for the gratitude we feel for this caring! And thanks so much to my friend Linda who coordinated the meal train for us!
  • Praising God that friends from our church, the Gillis family, are in Kyiv right now. They had their SDA appointment today and were given the referral for their little one. Tomorrow, they will pick up the official paperwork giving them permission to meet him. And Sunday, they will travel to Sevastopol. It's so fun to be following their journey!
  • My brother Jake and sister-in-law Krys are visiting for a week from Portland. They've got a busy schedule, but we were able to spend a few hours together yesterday. This was their first time meeting the kids so that was pretty special.

  • Matthew is spending a couple of days with my parents and Jake/Krys. Precious moments for him to get to know his dyadya (uncle) and tetya (aunt) as well as some undivided attention.
  • And speaking of Matthew, that brings me to the above mentioned topic. Today is "Gotcha Day" for the adorable, energetic, sweet boy that God chose to be our son. We will celebrate when he gets home (either tomrrow or Saturday) and I'll post pics then. After all, a day as special as "Gotcha Day" deserves a post of it's own!!
What's on your gratitude list today?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close enough to bless you with meals. I know how much it means to be ministered to in this way, having experienced it, and having the joy of doing this service for others in times of need. The body of Christ is so wonderful in supporting one another.
    I am thankful today because I was anticipating having to find a way to pay a large bill (4 new tires) when I took my car in this morning but it turned out to not be needed, and very little servicing was needed, so the bill was very reasonable and manageable. Today, the Lord also guided me to find a real bargain when I had to shop for an important need. This was in answer to my prayers.
    As for one of your previous posts concerning Maia's speech, I have faith rising in me when I am faced with what some may suggest is impossible. It's like a challenge I feel, to pray and believe "to the Max". I choose to believe Maia will recover her speech over time. I have seen God do so many things that were impossible in this earthly realm. Also, I see in His word that He WANTS to display His glory to draw people to Him, and I don't ever pray "if it is Your will". I see His willingness to heal in his Word; there is no condemnation to anyone if the manifestation is not there or is delayed but to me the standard should be to step out of the boat in faith, without fear, and believe Him "to the Max". Then, we will just see what He does!
    This phrase leaps out in Eph. 3:20, "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think...".
    Lord, increase our faith and calm our fears about "false hope", etc. You have grace to cover anything that may happen or not happen, grace sufficient at the time of need. Praise your powerful and precious name, Lord Jesus! (Faith must be child-like!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list reminds me of how very much I have to be thankful for. The last week I am thankful that we have been visiting my mom and sisters in Florida. I am thankful for our health and for theirs as well.

    I have been keeping up with you this week. Mr. Matthew has kept you on your toes. I think most of us can relate a story about strange objects in the ears or nose of at least one of our kids....I think it is in the parenting handbook as a rite of passage. At least your experience didn't include an ER trip accompanied by a lecture from the dr.


    I pray that you are seeing some changes in Maia this week. Any small improvement is a step in the right direction. I pray her brain is making new pathways. I pray you find encouragement and hope in her small improvements.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill