Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I had planned to get a pic of the kids and I in our patiotic garb, but it just didn't happen. Go figure - lol!  I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July and took a few moments to think about what it means to live in a country where we are so privileged and often take for granted the freedom that others may never know.

Our day was really pretty uneventful, but somehow I am still exhausted. We were lazy getting moving this morning but did manage to get out for a little exercise this morning before it became unbearably hot. Mark pushed Maia on her trike while I rode my bike and Matthew drove his tractor. My friend Del came over for a visit and blessed us with a wonderful meal. After she left, we took a very short nap before Matthew and Mark went outside to play water games. My parents visited and we had an awesome July 4th meal of brats, spinach salad, fresh fruit, and baked beans with red, white, and blue cupcakes for dessert (Matthew LOVED them - thanks Keith and Linda!). So yummy and I didn't have to do anything other than heat up the food and put it on the table.

Matthew and I spent a little time outside playing after dinner before we got the kids ready for bed. And I'm ready to follow them. Boring post, I know...I'm just pooped. Would have loved to see the fireworks tonight, but since it's back to work in the morning - not going to happen.

Anyway... more soon, happy 4th!!


3 comments:

  1. Seems like you hit most of the traditional 4th of July events. You had good food, patriotic clothes, waterplay and cupcakes. You spent time with friends and family. Sounds like a successful day to me.

    Praying for a good day at work for Melanie tomorrow and a good day with your kiddos for Mark. Praying for Maia to keep making steady progress and healing, and healing for Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never underestimate the value of a boring post or a normal day :). We have been praying for you to find your new normal and settling into it, that despite its challenges it will feel 'normal' to you. Bring on the 'boring' posts of life lived in your house with your kiddos, where going to work, therapy and looking after the children blend in together as you live life as a family with its joys and sorrows. I'd rather read a 1000 boring posts from you than posts about shunts and infections and operations.

    Glad you had a good fourth.

    Prayers,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your family had a happy 4th of July of rest and relaxation and fun. That is an ideal way to spend a holiday that celebrates freedom.
    Hugs to you all.
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill