Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Time always seems to go fast, but wow - the weeks fly by these days. Here it is Thursday again and time for my gratitude list. There are some things that are right at the front of my mind tonight.

  • First, I am thankful for all of the support and encouragement I receive from you - my bloggy readers and friends! I'm thankful for you all the time, but your words in response to yesterday's post made such an impact on my heart. I read your comments throughout the day and felt your care. God has blessed me with each of you (even those who don't leave comments). Consider yourself hugged!
  • Mark's parents are getting ready to head for Canada next week. They usually leave shortly after Mother's Day, but because of Maia's illness delayed their plans. They were anticipating leaving next Tuesday and are delaying departure one more day so that they can help Mark with the kids while I spend the morning at the dentist. I don't know what we would have done without them over the past two months and I thank God for them every day.
  • I am thankful that Maia was home with us as she went through this horrible time. To think about her (or any other child) experiencing something like this without a family?? Oh... my heart breaks. Even though she can't tell us, I pray that she knows how loved she is. God knew that she needed us and our family needed her. 
  • And God knew that we needed Matthew and he needed us as well. He's learning that families stick together, that there are boundaries, that he doesn't need to be the one in control. May not always like it, but he is learning. And he is learning to just be a kid - what a blessing he is!
  • Mark says he is thankful that Maia is seeing Dr. S tomorrow.  Initially, the scheduler had told us that we would have to wait until September. But, Dr. S is making time to see Maia at the rehab unit. Thankful for the follow up with someone who knows her well and takes our concerns seriously.
  • The opportunity to wish my dear bloggy friend Jane a happy birthday!! Although we have never met, I truly consider her a "soul sister." So glad God has brought you into my life. Love ya!!
What's on your list today??

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes dear sister! Your wishes brightened my day (like usual I might add...your blog and our friendship brighten each day!)

    I am thankful for you, Mark, Miss Maia and Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that all our comments helped to lift your spirits, Melanie. That is why we are here for you and your family.
    I am thankful that my husband is alive, I am thankful that he has progressed so much in the last 2 years. I am thankful that today he got to go to disabled sailing lesson and will be twice a week for 20 lessons, a gift from God. I am thankful that tonight when the cd player quit working he was able to fix it, he got to be Mr. Fix It again, it has taken 2 years for that to be able to happen, progress! It took longer than it would have 2 years ago, but, he did it!!!!!
    Covering your family in prayer, believing for miracles, healing, and progress for Maia. Believing for peace, strength, endurance, trust, hope and blind faith for you and Mark. I pray that you will be filled with the peace that surpasses all understanding, and be so filled with God's love that there is no room for anything but good. Believing for miracles.
    Big Hugs to you all.
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am immensely grateful to God on this Thankful Thursday because, on Wednesday, GOD caused me a huge hospital bill I had been paying on for 11 years to be forgiven! At age 71, that was beyond my wildest dreams except I had asked God for this and I placed my faith in Him to do it.
    I am so glad that you know the Lord and believe His Word. You stand upon God's Word which is strengthening your faith through the hard times. Once, in an unbelievably hard time, Psalm 131 came alive to me. It became the "living Word". Now, every time things become overwhelming and I am in distress, I go back to it and practice it. Then, I receive the Peace of God and His comfort. God is a supernatural God and does things that are impossible in this earthly realm. Lord, strengthen my sister and give her your JOY in the midst of these hard times. At the same time, strengthen Mar, too, as Your joy is their strength! ~ Tharen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for an informative appointment for Maia. Also praying Maia's healing helps her to recognize the people who love her and the places she loves.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill