- First, I am thankful for all of the support and encouragement I receive from you - my bloggy readers and friends! I'm thankful for you all the time, but your words in response to yesterday's post made such an impact on my heart. I read your comments throughout the day and felt your care. God has blessed me with each of you (even those who don't leave comments). Consider yourself hugged!
- Mark's parents are getting ready to head for Canada next week. They usually leave shortly after Mother's Day, but because of Maia's illness delayed their plans. They were anticipating leaving next Tuesday and are delaying departure one more day so that they can help Mark with the kids while I spend the morning at the dentist. I don't know what we would have done without them over the past two months and I thank God for them every day.
- I am thankful that Maia was home with us as she went through this horrible time. To think about her (or any other child) experiencing something like this without a family?? Oh... my heart breaks. Even though she can't tell us, I pray that she knows how loved she is. God knew that she needed us and our family needed her.
- And God knew that we needed Matthew and he needed us as well. He's learning that families stick together, that there are boundaries, that he doesn't need to be the one in control. May not always like it, but he is learning. And he is learning to just be a kid - what a blessing he is!
- Mark says he is thankful that Maia is seeing Dr. S tomorrow. Initially, the scheduler had told us that we would have to wait until September. But, Dr. S is making time to see Maia at the rehab unit. Thankful for the follow up with someone who knows her well and takes our concerns seriously.
- The opportunity to wish my dear bloggy friend Jane a happy birthday!! Although we have never met, I truly consider her a "soul sister." So glad God has brought you into my life. Love ya!!
What's on your list today??