There is much to be thankful for this Thursday.
- That we are planning to go home tomorrow. It will be so good to sleep in my own bed with Maia in the house. Matthew will be spending a couple of days with my parents so we can settle in. I'm sad that he won't be home with us over the weekend, but don't want him to get lost in the shuffle as we try to figure things out and create a new "norm."
- Blog friends who offer great comments and suggestions.
- Danette - Thanks for the ebay recommendation. Will have to check that out!
- Kate - Your suggestion is so appreciated, I'm not sure why it never occurred to me to contact a patient advocate or patient affairs.
- All of you who send support to our family.
- Blog friends who post about things that touch my heart so deeply. Adeye has a great post today responding to someone who asked if she wished her special needs kids were typical. As we face this new "norm" with Maia, I am being forced to reconsider some of my own attitudes. If you have time, I would encourage you to check out Adeye's blog.
- God's way is perfect. Even though life doesn't always look the way that I think it should, God doesn't make mistakes. And I can choose to rely on Him for strength when I feel like I can't go on or I can choose to try to make it on my own. Easy choice... life is a lot less stressful and chaotic when I stop and focus on my Heavenly Father.