Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Today is THE day!

Mark and I will visit Maia this morning. Then, Olga and I will do some last minute shopping. We need to get a potty chair since this is what Maia is familiar with (not sure how we will travel with that, but... we'll figure it out).

I think we will head to the orphanage after Maia has had supper and get our girl! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! Even though I went to bed late last night, I was wide awake early this morning thinking about it. I am trying to prepare myself for a challenging next few days. Maia has lived in the detsky dom her entire life. Being away from her familiar environment is going to be a huge adjustment for her. Stores, restaurants, long car trips, plane rides? No concept. Not to mention the language barrier. Thankfully, Olga will be flying back to Kyiv with us so she can explain a little of what is going on.

I hate to ask for prayer requests on Christmas Day, but please pray that Maia will somehow know and trust that we are her parents now and we will keep her safe and protect her. Pray that God will comfort her and ally her fears as she leaves the orphanage with us later today. More later....

May God grant you the desires of your heart on this blessed Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill