Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, December 20, 2010

Memorial Box Monday - What am I going to do with a tutu?

It has been a VERY long time since I posted about Memorial Box Monday. What is that you ask? Well to put it very simply, it is making a conscious decision to remember God's faithfulness in our lives. You can read more about Memorial Box Mondays here.

Even though I don't blog as much as I should about it - God is so faithful in answering prayers! I want to share a little proof of that with you.

Last December, I posted about winning a give-a-way hosted by my friend Sarah on her blog. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to do with the item that I had been gifted with. See, it was an adorable little girl's tutu and matching hair ribbon. Although Mark and I were considering international adoption again at that point, I knew that he really wanted a little boy and I was ok with that. So, I had no idea what to do with this tutu. I considered sending it back to Sarah and asking her to give it to someone with a little girl. I also considered giving it to one of my co-workers for her beautiful granddaughter.

But, God was speaking quietly telling me to keep the tutu. I argued with him, but eventually I said, "Ok God - I am going to trust you to show me what to do with this." I put it in the closet and forgot about it. As I was cleaning out that closet last month, I came across a box and wondered what was in it. I opened it up and this was what I found inside.

God knew that a little girl named Maia would be joining our family - and what little girl wouldn't want to be a fairy princess wearing this sweet tutu. It is in Maia's closet right now - just waiting for her to get home! And I am thankful to God who is faithful always!

3 comments:

  1. God is faithful! We just have to be willing to listen and hear what He has to say! I'm so glad you listened and will be able to see little Maia wearing that tutu! She is adorable and so lucky to have you as her parents! Can't wait to meet her in person.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your official daughter, Maia Anastasia. prayers for comfort and ideal travel.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill