Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Waiting...

Most days, I feel fairly peaceful about the progress we are slowly making in this adoption journey. I know that God's timing is perfect and that He sees the bigger picture - one that I can't. He will bring our child to us when He is ready and I accept that.

Other days, I am not so patient. Those who are adopting internationally know that if they follow the steps, it is just a matter of "waiting" until their referral comes through - there is some sense of a timeline. I see other friends who already have their children home and I am envious. Not jealous - just filled with a longing for our time to come. I am looking forward to holding our little one and treasuring each moment.

So for my "peaceful" days, I thank God for His work behind the scenes - praying that He is preparing us for parenthood as well as preparing our child for becoming part of our family. On my impatient days, I remind myself of His promise and know that each day is another step in this journey to parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill