Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful Thursday

There are a lot of things I am thankful for today, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

1. Kathy - the woman who took my fingerprints this morning. I went to the courthouse right away (one thing I could check off my list). Apparently, I was supposed to have an appointment, but since I didn't know this, the receptionist checked to see if they could accomodate me anyway. Kathy agreed and saw me right away. Given comments I've heard from others about it not being a very pleasant experience, I was a little concerned. I shouldn't have been. It was non-threatening, I didn't feel like a criminal, and she was very nice.

2. Concern for adoptive children - I may not feel quite as thankful for all the hoops that we have to jump through in the future, so today I will take the opportunity to be grateful that Mark and I DO have to submit to a background check along with other processes before we are cleared to adopt. I want out birth mother to feel safe in trusting us with "our" child, confident that we will love and cherish them as the priceless gift that they are.

3. Kitties - Yes, I am owned by 2 quite spoiled cats. They make me laugh, drive me crazy, wait for me to get home, and love me. I can't imagine a life without cats!

Vivien

Meechie

4. Mark - Even though my sweet husband is allergic to cats, he allows me to have my kitties. And Meechie who decided I was a traitor when I brought Vivien home loves him better than me most days. :)


What are you thankful for today?


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had cats. Chris is very allergic to cats so no indoor cats for us. Chris did say when we get out to the land we can have outdoor cats to help keep little yucky critters away.

    I'm sure that little one of yours someday will be crazy about those cats =).

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill