Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sad Heart

I had already planned to post about this subject prior to checking out the latest news headlines today - now my heart is even more heavy. In the past few days, I have heard 3 different stories that bring me to tears. The first is the little boy who was found buried on the playground, killed by his mother. The second is a pregnant teenager who asked a young man to beat her so that she would miscarry (the baby survived). The third is a mother charged in the drowing death of her 4 year old - possibly thrown off a bridge with his older sister.

Knowing how many people are waiting to love, raise, nurture a child of their own, it is difficult for me to understand a mother making choices like these women did. Could circumstances have been different if someone had reached out to any of the women, showed them that there are alternatives to such drastic measures? Unfortunately, we will never know. But, I will pray for all parents who are struggling and feel that there are no other options for them. I will pray that God will intervene and protect those children - reconciling where possible, but also opening paths to bring children to the new families that He has waiting for them.

I am thankful that God sees the bigger picture and has a purpose - even in tragedies such as this. And I trust in His promise that Mark and I will one day hold our child and perhaps be able to thank his/her mother for choosing the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill