Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. I asked Mark what he was thankful for today and he wanted me to share that he is thankful for the opportunity to donate blood tomorrow. Did you know that a unit of whole blood can be separated into 4 different components? This allows the possibility to save 4 lives! Mark is one of the most giving people I know so it is no surprise to me that he is willing to help others in this way. If I remember right, he recently received a 12 gallon donation pin!


2. My "new - to me" vehicle. We had a '99 Explorer that I really loved. That is what we were driving on Mother's Day and unfortunately, it was totalled in our accident. It was in excellent shape and I didn't have high hopes of replacing it with something comparable. Thankfully, we found a 2002 Envoy in our price range that Mark and I both like. It's a comfortable ride and I enjoy driving it - which is important since I travel 2 hours each way to my clinical site (for school).

3. A beautiful mourning dove - I've often felt that mourning doves were a sign from heaven for me. They remind me of my grandmother (who loved them) and my first husband. We have a lone mourning dove who often sits on the railing of our deck for extended periods of time. In the early morning, I can also find the dove sitting on the telephone wire in our back yard or hear it cooing nearby. I have such a sense of peace when my dove is nearby. Call it a coincidence, but I do feel that God is sharing a glimpse of my loved ones in heaven through a beautiful bird.


What are YOU thankful for today? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill