Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gotta love Saturdays!

Saturdays are probably my favorite day of the week. Usually, we can sleep in a little bit, run a few errands, and just take things as they come.

Today, we woke up early (and I mean EARLY - 5:30am). It was such a nice morning. We relaxed in the hot tub for a little while and decided to get the day started. Mark headed off to check on a dirt bike to replace the one that we lost in our accident and I went to the farmer's market. We're going to enjoy some new potatoes with ribs on the grill tonight - yummy! There is an Amish farmer who I try to buy cucumbers from each time so picked up a few of those as well as some grape syrup for Mark, salsa for my dad, and a chocolate mint plant for my mom. There were a lot of beautiful flower planters there - hoping to buy a couple next weekend. That's about as domestic as I get in the gardening department. Unfortunately, our yard is proof of that. I keep waiting for our neighbors to turn us in to one of those "please help my neighbor's yard" shows. :)

Mark brought his new dirt bike home and enjoyed riding it around the yard for a little while and is now out at the airpark where he keeps his plane - hoping to get his spring pre-flight safety checks done, oil changed, etc and maybe get a little flying in this afternoon. I made a rhubarb cake (thanks to a wonderful friend and co-worker who brought me a HUGE bag) and have been playing around with my new PDA - trying to figure out how it works. Technology is not my strong point - lol!

It's just a nice relaxing day, temperature is about perfect! We've had a few showers off and on, but nothing heavy. I couldn't ask for anything better.

On the adoption front, Mark got our fingerprints and paperwork turned in to our agency yesterday. I know nothing is going to happen over the weekend, but just feel better knowing it is in their hands and that they can get our background check submitted. Now, we wait for that to be completed and when it does, we start our home study! Another small step in this journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill