Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Next Step

My expectations may be unrealistic, but I was a little frustrated with our social worker this week. As I posted previously, we had received a copy of the letter that our fertility doctor sent to our agency. At church on Sunday, our pastor let us know that he had sent our letter of recommendation to them as well. We hadn't heard a thing. On Monday, Mark called to see where things were at. Our social worker called back and said that after reviewing our file, it looked like she had all the initial paperwork and would be mailing out some more paperwork for us on Tuesday.

I was kind of taken aback by the comment about "after reviewing your file..." - what the heck? Now, I realize that we are NOT the only family that she works with. However, wouldn't you think that there would be some type of checklist that as the necessary items were added to our file and marked complete, that would be a trigger for her to initiate the next step in the process? It is a reminder that we are the ones who feel the urgency and we may need to be fairly assertive as we go forward. I would be curious to hear any of your thoughts on this topic. Should we expect to be contacting them more frequently just to keep things rolling?

Now, having said that - we did receive our packet from CC today. It contains our disclosure statement and paperwork for the Adam Walsh background clearance which require our signatures. We also need to be fingerprinted and sign an authorization for release of information from the FBI. Since I have tomorrow off, I will get my fingerprinting done then. Mark will have his taken on Friday so that we can get all these forms back to CC that day. After they receive the results of the background check, we will begin our home study.

I saw a neat quote today by an unknown author that said, "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." Seems very appropriate as our adoption journey continues...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of adoption. Yes, you need to stay on top of your agency at all times and not wait around for them. I drove my agency CRAZY I'm sure but we also got our baby home very fast.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill