Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, May 29, 2009

Fabulous Friend Friday

I've decided to devote Fridays to honoring fabulous friends. I am blessed to have the most awesome friends anyone could ask for so why not share how special they are with all of you?

It's tough to decide who to choose for my first Fabulous Friend Friday. There are several people that come to mind. So just know that there is no favoritism in who I have chosen. They are not my closest friends, but two that have supported and influenced me as Mark & I made the decision to grow our family through adoption. Today, I honor Sarah L. and Sara T. as fabulous friends.

Sarah L. and I met many years ago when she and her mom Judy (another dear friend) brought a member of their church to be seen at Mayo. Sarah and her husband Chris have 2 beautiful daughters - gifts from God after struggling with infertility - and a beautiful son - a gift of God from China. Sarah is a wonderful advocate of adoption and a great resource for the many questions I have. When Mark and I began dating, she was there with encouragement and support as our relationship became more serious and led to marriage. Sarah introduced me to Reece's Rainbow (see link at left) and she is an inspiration to me! You can check out her blog http://www.arewethereyetla5.blogspot.com. Thank you for being such a fantastic friend.

Sara T is one of my co-workers. She is mom to a precious adopted daughter and is one of the most fun, caring, genuine people I know. In a previous post, I told the story of how we came to the decision to adopt domestically. When I shared with Sara about my need for a "direction," she listened, cared, and helped me to see the plan God had for Mark and me. She is also a great resource for me and is patient with my questions, compassionate, and another fantastic friend. Thanks Sara for being you!

Stay tuned for next week's edition of Fabulous Friend Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill