Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nothing too exciting today

Mark had fun working at the telethon last night. He got to see some former co-workers (in his previous life, Mark worked in the television industry) and was sweet enough to bring me home mini-donuts - which I absolutely love!
Since he was pooped out and needed sleep, I decided to brave church with Maia by myself this morning. I had the opportunity to get up in front of the congregation and thank everyone for their support and prayers as we've traveled this journey. Maia did pretty well. She was tired and cranky towards the end, but really... I am surprised at how quiet she was.
Mark's friend Brad and his sons, Tyler and Cody, came over for dinner this evening. I made a pizza casserole, garlic bread, and cream puff dessert. Then, we played Peanuts Monopoly. It was a fun night and Maia enjoyed the attention from new people - lol!
A little bit of political humor... some of you know that we are a "bipartisan" household. Mark's mom has been making bibs for Maia and below is one of them. A very thoughtful and considerate gesture given that I am the Democrat. But for those Republicans out there, don't worry... an identical Republican bib is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill