Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday

There are so many things to be thankful for today and I won't bore you with all of them, but here's what's on the top of my list:
  • First, I am thankful for my bloggy readers out there. I love the comments I receive from you. It is such an encouragement to me. I know there are some "lurkers," too which is fine. It's fun to see where people are "visiting" from. God has blessed me with this blog and I enjoy sharing a little of our life with the world. I've been thinking about a way to thank you so stay tuned. I hope to post about that soon.
  • Second, I am very thankful for my wonderful in-laws. They are always gracious and willing to watch Matthew and/or Maia. It makes it so much easier to take just one of them to a doctor's appointment. The kids love spending time with Nana and Papa! They are truly a blessing to us!
  • Our kids' birth moms. Because of them, we have two treasures who make us laugh, bring joy to our days (as well as some stress - lol), and are gifts from God. I wish that I could show them how much the kids are loved and cherished and how they are thriving.
  • Angelina - she is the medical director at the orphanage where our kids lived. I am so thankful for the oversight she gave to the care of our children. She always seemed very sincere and genuine in her wishes for them. I have heard some horror stories over the past week from adoptive parents who are visiting their new lovies at their orphanages. That's a story for another day (since today is a day to be thankful), but it both breaks my heart and makes me angry (not a strong enough word). Anyway, although the care at the detsky dom could never be compared with the loving care of a family, we never had any reason to believe that our kids were mistreated or abused.
  • The ability to reach out to others. I don't take advantage of that often enough. But, I am thankful that God reminds me that I have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those around me.
What are you thankful for today?? I can't wait to hear!

1 comment:

  1. What a great gratitude list!

    As I finish this day, I am worn to the bone. Work in the morning and afternoon and then a late afternoon and evening filled with whining, crying, fighting kids. Wow. Thank you for the chance to get myself to focus on gratitude.

    I am thankful for my two kids, 3 and 5, who are now learning how to be siblings and fight. I am thankful for the parenting book on sibling rivalry that my husband just read and the tips it gave us.

    I am thankful that I have a relationship with God and that I can turn to God when I am weary as I am and ask for help. I need a day off and there isn't one in sight but I am buoyed by faith and strength that comes from that.

    I am thankful for my beautiful husband. Thankful for my health and for friends who understand when I need to cancel plans (as I did tonight for tomorrow evening) and I tell the truth: that I am worn out.

    I am thankful for the entire RR blog world that brings me hope and contribution and joy.

    Much love from California.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill