Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Silly and sweet moments with my boy

How about a giggle for your Saturday night?  So yesterday morning, Matthew is getting dressed. All of a sudden, he's not in our bedroom anymore. I go to check on him (he often needs reminders and redirection) and find him standing in the kitchen wearing only underwear. It looks like he is sticking his butt in Oliver's face. I'm curious, what in the world is Matthew doing??? So I peek around the corner watching him. And finally, I can't stand it anymore. I ask... "Matthew, what ARE you doing?"  Guesses anyone???











He was trying to show the cat Spiderman (who happens to be on the butt of his underwear). Oh my goodness, I could NOT stop laughing! Of course, I went in to the other room so it wasn't quite so obvious.

This afternoon, I had a precious moment with my boy. I was sitting on the floor in our bedroom and Matthew came in. He cuddled up with me and I was holding him close, telling him that I was going to love him forever, that he would always be my son, and that I am so glad he is part of our family. I said, "Matthew, are you going to love me forever?" He said, "Yep. And daddy and Maia, too!" It's moments like that that make the difficult ones seem far away. So glad that God gives me gifts like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill