Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, January 1, 2010

10 years...

A new decade began today. It is amazing to me how quickly the last one has passed. Hardly seems real that 10 years ago, we were waking up to find that Y2K was not the disaster that was predicted.

My life has changed dramatically in the last decade. Ten years ago, I was married to my first husband, parenting my 14 year old step-son, we had recently purchased our home and I was loving my job as an RN in a hospital setting. If someone had told me how much difference 10 years would make, I would not have believed them.

In this last decade, I have experienced sorrow beyond anything I had ever imagined. I learned to look to God for all things - even strength to make it through the next minute. Although it was nearly impossible at times, I was able to trust in His presence and His promise - that God was in control of my life and could see the big picture when I couldn't.

And in this last decade, I have experienced great happiness. God - who IS faithful - wrapped me in the arms of friends and family, gradually helping me to see the world around me again. Out of great tragedy, He brings great joy! I have been blessed to continue my education, travel, meet new friends, have experiences that I would never have had if my old life had not been turned upside down.

I was given the gift of love - although there are moments when I wonder what things might look like now if Mark and I had met at an earlier stage in our lives (for example, we could be celebrating holidays with teenagers instead of hoping to start a family), again... I have to trust that God's timing is perfect. The life experiences we've had make us the people we are today.

He knows the plans He has for us - plans to prosper us, give us hope and a future. We continue to trust that God sees the desires of our hearts and longing to add a little one to our family. Just think of the stories we could have to tell at the end of the next decade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill