Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday - a few hours early

First and foremost, I am thankful that 53 Haitian orphans arrived safely in the US today. Some of them have even left the hospital in Pittsburgh with their new families. These were adoptions that were already in progress prior to the tragic earthquake last week. I can only imagine the relief that these parents feel knowing that their children are here!

I don't pretend to understand why tragedies like this occur. The devastation, pain, and suffering seem incomprehensible. However, I am thankful that God is always present - in spite of the circumstances. He can create miracles in the midst of pain and suffering.  He understands even when we don't.

So, while my heart aches for the loss of life and devastation - I also rejoice with those families who now have their precious children here!!

On a much more superficial note... I know that God doesn't have a favorite football team, no preference for who wins the SuperBowl - however, I am excited to be rooting for my two favorite teams next Sunday in the play-offs. Yes, the Vikings get top priority (I proudly wore my helmet complete with braids last Sunday as I cheered them to victory). I'll also be cheering for the Colts. Best case scenario - Vikes vs Colts - I'd be happy no matter who won the SuperBowl - although YES, again - Purple gets priority!  GO VIKES! Have I mentioned that I have a Vikings outfit already purchased for our little one when he or she comes home? Gotta start them down the right path early - lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill