Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday - winding down the year

As I reflect back over the past year, there are many things that I am thankful for.

#1 - Health - Mark and I have been blessed with good health this year. My mom had a scare with melanoma earlier this fall. Thankfully, the surgeon was able to remove all the cancer and she is doing well. Our families have been safe and overall healthy - this is always a reason to be thankful!

#2 - Another year of school completed - When I first started school, I had planned to be graduating this month. Unfortunately, my work scheduled didn't allow for me to take as full of a courseload as I had hoped so I had to add an additional semester. But, with the support and encouragement of my friends and family, I have finished another year of college - AND I will begin my last semester in January. Graduation is only 126 days away - YAY!!!!

#3 - Family and Friends - You are such a wonderful blessing in our lives!

#4 - My terrific husband - 5 years ago this week, Mark and I were just starting to email each other, but hadn't met yet. I had no idea that our relationship would develop into something that fits both of us so well. I am so thankful that God blessed my life with this man!

#5 - Our adoption journey - Last year at this time, we were starting to talk about adoption and look at our options. Today, we have completed our home study and are approved for adoption! The journey has been and continues to be happy, sad, fun, challenging... oh, so many things. But, we are glad to be on it and we can't wait for God to bring "baby Hansen" into our lives!!

I hope you all have a safe New Year's Eve and blessed 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill