Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have to admit that lately I have been feeling pretty discouraged. About our adoption plans among other things. The "other things" I will save for another day. But today, I will talk about our adoption. I know we haven't been in the process for very long - there are other families out there who have been waiting much  longer than we have. There are women who dream of a child and will make much better mommies than I will. And God knows... I am sometimes a very impatient person! I see little ones at church or at a restaurant, today a patient brought her beautiful baby daughter to her appointment - things like that make my arms feel so empty. There are times when Mark and I wonder if our dream will become a reality - it seems so far away. Right now, we don't have any reason to hope... Mark called our social worker this week, there are no birth mothers making adoption plans for their babies right now. It's tough to remain optimistic.

I came home tonight feeling pretty down... But as I read Linny's blog I was filled with hope that God does have a plan for our family. That somewhere out there, a precious child is waiting for his/her parents - wondering where they are, why they haven't come, maybe not even knowing what it would be like to have a mommy and daddy who would love them forever, perhaps feeling just as discouraged as we are. And that when the time is right, we will become a family!! So... on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for a little glimmer of hope.

2 comments:

  1. You keep that glimmer of hope. I know God has to have something very special planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have hope! Your arms won't be empty forever. But I remember, that ache. No words will soothe.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill