Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting...

I haven't posted much about our adoption lately. People ask "What's happening? Have you heard anything? When will you hear?" Sometimes, I laugh because others seem to be even more impatient than I am. No, we haven't heard anything. Nothing is "happening" right now. We have no idea when we will hear any news.

It sounds so negative to say those statements. I hate to disappoint people - I know they are praying and anticipating for us. I wish I had something exciting to share.

Is it hard to wait? Of course! How do I feel about waiting? Sometimes, it makes me sad. I read birth announcements in our local paper and wish that it was ours. I see little ones being loved on by their parents and my arms ache to hug, kiss, and cuddle with our child. I ask God when it will be our turn.

But truly... it's ok. Last night at my women's bible study group, we were talking about Abraham and Sarah. From the time that God made His covenant with Abraham until the time that Sarah gave birth to Isaac was about 25 years. 25 years that they anticipated God's faithfulness to them. And He WAS faithful. I trust in that same God!

Abraham and Sarah were human, too. They sometimes took matters into their own hands instead of trusting in God's provision. I was reminded that He will provide everything that I need - not necessarily everything that I want but trying to control the situation instead of allowing Him to work is counterproductive.

So... is anything happening with our adoption? On the surface, it doesn't look like it. But God sees the big picture and He is working behind the scenes. I trust that He is putting the right pieces into place - I don't know what the finished puzzle picture looks like, but He does. Is waiting difficult? Yes, sometimes... but not always.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. As hard as this waiting time is makes it all that much more beautiful when the day finally comes. Hey, I just sent you an email to the address you have on here so make sure you get it.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill