Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, January 8, 2010

"The rest of the story"

Five years ago today, my life was about to change. I got up that morning, talked with my friend Chris for a while, headed out to get a mani/pedi and find a cute new outfit in anticipation of my date that night. As I was shopping my purse was stolen... so much for that cute outfit and a relaxing afternoon getting ready. Instead, I said a prayer of thanks that I carry my car keys in my coat pocket instead of my purse (so that I could get home) and spent the afternoon filing a police report, contacting the credit union, and credit card companies.

Maybe it was all the stress of earlier in the day, but surprisingly I really wasn't nervous when I arrived at the terrific little restaurant we were meeting at for the first time. I remember taking a deep breath, saying a quick prayer, and thinking "No matter how the date goes, it's ok." Our plan was to have dinner and if things went well, we would go to a movie. If we didn't like each other, we'd say "good night."

The food was great, the music was nice. Conversation flowed easily - we found that we shared similar interests. We laughed, talked, and decided to head to the movie theater. We had talked so long without paying any attention to time that only one movie was still scheduled to start - The Life Aquatic. It was probably one of the weirdest movies either of us had seen.

The evening ended with the hope that we would see each other again. That first date evolved into five years spent with a sweet guy that I love so very much!! Even though I had no idea how significant that day in 2005 was, God knew the blessings He was bringing into my life. It really isn't the "rest of the story" since there is a lot yet to come in our story, so stay tuned to see what surprises the next five years bring!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it brings about 15 kids =)

    I can't believe it has only been 5 years.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill