Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for just that - "today."  I am often guilty of thinking about what the future holds. Not only thinking about it, but stressing about it. I save things for "someday" - waiting for that special occasion. I saw a quote "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans (Thomas LaMance)." Yep - that about explains it! I'm waiting for graduation so that I can have a "life" again. I'm usually waiting for someday or something to happen. Maybe I am using that as an excuse or barrier. Waiting to start life when I should just be living it.

So today, I am thankful for today! I am thankful that I woke up this morning, that I have a warm and cozy home, that I had a treadmill to get on (yes, even that), thankful that I am having lunch and a shopping date with my mom, thankful that the sun is shining, that my washer and dryer work - even though I don't LOVE doing the laundry, it beats housecleaning so I am also thankful that today my housekeepers are coming.  I am thankful that the sun is shining, that I have 2 sweet kitties who make me smile. I am thankful for a job, thankful for the opportunity to attend college, thankful to live in a free country. I am thankful for children, friends, family. I am thankful for love in my life and a husband that I adore!

I am thankful for our adoption journey. I am thankful that God has asked us to trust in HIM as we hope for a child of our own. I am thankful for others who have traveled this road before us and inspired me with their passion for orphans.

I am thankful for each day that I am given - especially today. It is a day that will be unique, no other day will be exactly the same. What a precious gift - 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 86,400 seconds!  What will you do with your day and what are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill