Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thought I'd share

Today, my friend Sarah challenged readers on her blog to post a meatloaf recipe for Rett. Never one to turn down a challenge, I shared my absolutely favorite recipe for meatloaf. Since I had it typed up, I decided I might as well share with you as well. Enjoy!

Here is my recipe for an AWESOME meatloaf (not bragging, but everyone I make it for really loves it and so do I)...


2 beaten eggs
2/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs (18 crackers)
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup each finely chopped onion and green pepper (optional - I don't use either)
1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 lbs ground beef
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp prepared mustard

Mix together cracker crumbs, eggs, 2 tsp worcestershire, onion, green pepper, and 2/3 cup tomato sauce. Add beef and mix well.

Place in 9X5 meatloaf pan or shape into loaf in shallow baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour or until almost done.

While this is baking, mix together remaining tomato sauce, 1 tsp worcestershire, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread over top of meatloaf and bake for another 15-30 minutes or until done.

Let rest for approximately 5-10 minutes before cutting.

Or you can use a crock pot to cook it, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill