- Today, I am thankful for God's promise that He will be with us every step of the way. Even though He doesn't promise that life will be easy, He promises that if we believe in Him - it WILL be worth it!
- I am thankful for tears. Although there are moments when I wish I did not have reason for them, they remind me that I am human, that I am capable of giving and receiving love, that with great love comes great vulnerability. Tears and sadness remind me to rely on God for His healing and His wisdom, trusting that He understands even when I don't.
- I am also thankful for laughter. God gave us a full range of emotions with the full expectation that we would likely experience all of them over the course of our lives. I love hearing my children laugh so I have to believe that our Heavenly Father takes even greater delight in hearing our laughter and sharing our joys with us!
- For rest. This is proving to be a crazy week. But, "vacation" starts tomorrow after I finish work. Soooo looking forward to a little R&R!
- Thankful that I started this post last night actually. If I was typing it right now, it might not be quite so "thankful" - lol! I have had a crazy, busy day at work and am now waiting for a computer class to begin. Leaving work and arriving here at the location has been a comedy of errors, have to laugh or otherwise I might cry. I'll tell you about it later.
- And one more thing to be thankful for... so far, the taper of Maia's seizure medication has been uneventful. We are over half-way through and have about 2 more weeks before she is completely off the Keppra. Please pray that she continues to be seizure free without this medication. She will continue to take the other seizure med, but we are slowly getting rid of meds and almost back to her pre-hospital medication count. WOOHOO!!
Thursday, August 23, 2012
So, what's on your Thankful Thursday list today? Have you taken a few moments to think about the blessings that God has given you? I know there are days when it's harder than others. In fact, there are days when it seems next to impossible. And if you are having one of those days, know that my prayers are with you (whoever you are)... that God will show you something to be thankful for. That He will uplift you and sustain you. That He will shower you with His blessings and love.