Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Results

Just a quick note as I am pooped out tonight. One of the residents came in and showed me CT results this afternoon. The shunt is clearly in Maia's ventricle - praise God! I asked if he had time to talk for a bit? I asked some questions about how we proceed from here, knowing that Maia does not display typical symptoms. While I wasn't entirely "blown off," I did feel like he spent much time trying to answer before even hearing my questions. And it was reinforced for me that surgeons often are so focused on that isolated issue that they don't always stop to consider the bigger picture or previous history. Dr. D is off until Monday and Maia will be here until he sees her again. So thankful for my parents who were immediately available to pick Matthew up yesterday afternoon so he could spend the weekend with them. And also thankful for Mark's sister Sandi who is coming tomorrow night to spend Monday with Matthew so that I don't have to miss work and Mark is able to be here at the hospital until Maia is discharged.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, thank you for keeping us updated...

    Thank god it is in the ventricle. So thankful.

    I love you guys. Hang in there. I wish I had more eloquent words but my heart and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill