Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Although I am making a conscious choice to be thankful every day, today is my day to make note of the things that I am thankful for. So here's my picks for this Thursday.
  • Oliver - my new kitty is fitting in well to our household. He spent the last two days at the vet (getting declawed) and came home yesterday. Even though he is uncomfortable, his personality remains sweet and loving. He continues to be tolerant of the kids (who are trying to be very careful of the "owies") and crawled up to cuddle with me as I was having my devotional time this morning.
  • My wonderful hubby who tolerates my love for cats and allows me to have them in the house - in spite of having allergies to them. There are so many reasons I love Mark, but today that's at the top of my list!
  • Oh... that reminds me of another reason I love my hubby and am thankful for him. We were discussing a political candidate the other day and I asked Mark what he thought of this person. He told me that he was not in favor of this individual because of the candidate's lack of respect for the sanctity of marriage. God has truly blessed me with this husband who takes his commitment to our vows seriously!
  • A job that I enjoy and where I can make a difference in the lives of the elderly. This has been my dream since I was a young girl. I didn't know how I was going to work with our aging population, but I knew that was where God was calling me.
  • I serve a heavenly Father who is constant, unchanging, ever-faithful, forgiving, and loving. When life seems chaotic and out of control, I can count on the fact that He is steadfast.

What are you thankful for today? I would love to hear!!

3 comments:

  1. I always love your Thankful Thursday posts! I am always thankful for every day that I have with my kids and they joy they bring me. And right now I have been really thankful for a study drug that my sons are on for cf (they are in the study drug trial). We are seeing some really positive results from it and I am hoping this will continue! I am also thankful we will be in the study for two years and hopefully by that time the drug will be approved. I hope you have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for meeting you and Mark at the date night. :) I'm enjoying reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful I serve an amazing God! Thankful for my husband, kids, warm house, food, good friends and family!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill