Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's Not About Me (or is it?)

These days, Mark and I remind ourselves that life is no longer about us. It's about the two precious kiddos who now call us "momma" and "daddy." We put their needs ahead of our own (yes, their needs - not necessarily their wants - much to their disappointment - lol). It's about making sure that their needs are met, that they are loved and cared for. It's no longer about me, right?
But, the truth of the matter is that the changes that adopting our kids have brought about IS about me. Why? Because, this is about God working in my life. He's stretching me, forcing me to be a little less self-centered, a little more patient, a lot more flexible. God's asking me to rethink my priorities - not just related to our kids, but about my life in general. I want to share more about that in the future, but I'm still sorting some of that out. Maybe it's what every parent goes through, I'm not sure. You'll have to let me know when I make those posts. But, let's just say that the prayer "Lord, break my heart with the things that break yours" is becoming more personal to me.

In the meantime, God is reminding me that my focus should always be on Him - in good times and not so good times. He's reminding me that this was HIS plan from the beginning of time, that HE knew I would be Matthew and Maia's mother. He's reminding me that HE is in control, that His plan is perfect. And that He sustains me. He's changing me day by day, bit by bit. So although life is really no longer about me, in a way it is.

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by and reading your blog! I always enjoy reading blogs of a christian life, that is one that is honest, and REAL! Thank you for being you and sharing your thoughts and all that God is doing in your life. Your blog is truly a blessing:) God bless you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill