Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another first

Matthew's pre-school is taking a field trip to the movies this week. We decided that we should probably make the trip with him first so that he would know what to expect. So yesterday, the four of us went to the movies. One of the local movie theaters has a free Saturday morning matinee which is usually a movie which came out several years ago. I figured that if we had to leave for any reason, then we wouldn't be out the cost of the show - which if you've been to the movies lately you know isn't cheap.
Matthew loved the show and loved the candy which daddy shared with him. Maia loved the popcorn that she and I shared. And she really did pretty well - not getting bored until about 15 minutes before the end. I guess it's safe to say that I worried for nothing. But since I have to work on the day of Matthew's field trip, I'm glad that I got to be there for his first movie!!

And a little funny from him... we went to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch after the movie. I was praising Matthew for how well he had eaten (we are finallly starting to see a little progress in this area) and he looked at me with this big self-assured grin and said "I know!" The couple sitting at the table next to us almost fell off their chairs laughing and so did I.

2 comments:

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill