Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

Hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas! The weather kept everything kind of uncertain this year. Church services were canceled Christmas Eve so I ended up with a quiet evening at home. Mark made it home from work Christmas Day morning - later than expected because of the roads. My parents were supposed to come to our house and then we would travel to my cousin's but again weather kept us all home. Mark and I enjoyed the day together - I had cooked a ginormous (HUGE) fresh ham to take to Marge's house so we didn't have to worry about having enough food - lol! I had the right ingredients to make cheese potatoes and green bean casserole (two of my favorite holiday dishes) so we enjoyed lunch, watched some Christmas shows and took a nap. All in all, it was a good day.

Yesterday, we celebrated Christmas with Mark's family. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are a few.

Mark's sister Betsy and her SO, Tim


Tim's son John and Mark's mom, Joanne


Mark's sister Sandy

We'll get together with my parents next weekend and probably go to my cousin's house sometime in January. Isn't that the fun of living in Minnesota?  Never know what to expect with the weather so we have to be prepared for all possibilities!

Today, Mark had an extra load to South Dakota. I went to church this morning - I love singing the Christmas carols and seeing the beautiful poinsettas decorating the sanctuary. The kids are so fun to see dressed in their Christmas best and full of energy from all those Christmas goodies! I'm looking forward to a Christmas when our little one is part of the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill