Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How much can one squeeze into a day?

I'm pretty sure that I am one of those people who tends to thrive on chaos. It's 8pm and I am finally sitting down for a few minutes - I've been up and running since about 6:30am. Now, that's not much different than usual (and a sure to be expected experience if motherhood happens).  At least I've been productive!

Does anyone else feel like they are way ahead of the game and then when the week before Christmas comes realize that they still have a LOT to accomplish - or is it just me? Last night we had some snow and freezing rain - I was all set to leave this morning for my blood donation appointment and opened the garage door to find out that I probably wouldn't make it out of the driveway.  Hmmm... what to do? I had so much to get done! An angel in the form of our neighbor Jason saw me and zoomed over with his 4-wheeler, he had the driveway plowed in a matter of a few minutes - thank you so much Jason!!  You are terrific!! The bad roads probably kept people at home because the crowds weren't bad and the last of my shopping  is now done.  All but 3 presents are wrapped (I need Mark's help for those). Christmas cards are in the mail. Ham is defrosting in the fridge - it's HUGE! We took it out on Saturday evening and it's still pretty icy - must be about 15 pounds. Hopefully, it will be unthawed by Friday AM. More cookies baked this evening. Gift bags put together and spinach dip made for work holiday party and potluck tomorrow.  Laundry in process. Oops - forgot one thing - the kitties are reminding me that they haven't had their dinner - lol!!

But, I think I'm ready for Christmas - now I can relax and focus on the real reason for celebrating. Rett wrote an awesome post on her blog - I echo her thoughts.  Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill