Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Faith & Musings

I prefer to live my faith quietly.  Yes, it is the heart of who I am. Without my faith, who knows where I would be today?  God has sustained me at some of the lowest points in my life and deserves all the credit for the happiest and most joyous moments as well. Friends have told me that their faith has been deepened and strengthened by watching some of the struggles I have went through. I say that VERY humbly because although I want to be an example to others, I am the first to admit that I am soooo human! It is easy for me to go about my day without stopping to seek guidance or fully consider my words, thoughts, and deeds.  My actions fall far short of my intentions when it comes to living out my faith.

Our church's choir concert was today.  Our teenager group "Mountain Movers" sang a song that really touched my heart and convicted me. It is by Casting Crowns and is called, "While You Were Sleeping."  I've added it to the songs on the play list and I encourage you to listen to it.  If it doesn't play right away, you can always scroll to the bottom and select the song to hear it play. The words that spoke to me were:

"United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children...

America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King
Will we be sleeping?"

I don't know why this struck me so profoundly today, but it did. Where are my priorities?  What is important in my life?  Do I put God at the top of my list or does He get "fit in" after I  have accomplished everything else that I think I need to get done in my day?  Where does He fit in your life?  I'm pretty sure that I need to be more conscious about keeping God at the top of my list.  We talked about this recently in our visionary parenting class at church. #1 - God, #2 - Spouse, #3 - Children - then everything else falls into place. 

Yes... just my thoughts and ramblings.  I'd be curious to hear what you think!!

And on a little less serious note, a couple of pics to share with you...


I meant to take some pictures of our Christmas open house yesterday, but as people started showing up I totally forgot.  However, I did get one picture as we were getting ready for the fun.  Vivien felt the need to supervise and direct.  Yes, I chased her off the table before getting any food out!!  We had a nice time - small turnout, but it did give us the chance to visit with people a little more.




My Reeces's Rainbow ornaments arrived yesterday!  Duncan has found his forever family, but Anastasiya and Jeffrey are still waiting for theirs.  What beatiful angels they are!!

1 comment:

  1. Good one on Trusting His Promise - it helps a lot!

    We clearly share similar parenting experiences and views.
    I've been reading one that I'm hooked on - http://todayscliche.com/.
    I have a feeling you'd get a lot out of it.

    Incredible job on your blog; keep it up.

    Thanks,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill