Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1. Our blog - It's been a hectic couple of weeks. I've had mid-terms and a pretty big project to complete for school so I haven't had much time to blog. So, first of all I am thankful for the opportunity to be here and sharing with you.

2. The thoughtfulness of others - A couple weeks ago, I shared that I was thankful for massages and how awesome Vicky (my massage therapist) is. Last time I saw her, Vicky told me about a book that she thought I would find inspirational. I came home from work today to find a package in the mail from her. She sent me a copy of this book with a personal, encouraging note inside. Her kindness touched my heart!!

3. Chocolate Chip Pancakes - That's what is for dinner tonight. I LOVE chocolate chip pancakes - probably one of my favorite foods! Well, chocolate in general ranks right up there - lol!

4. Doll*r Stores - Ok, I know that there is lots of cheap, tacky stuff at these type of stores. But, if you know what you are looking for, there are also some good bargains. And I leave the store without having spent much money, but happy that I was "shopping."

5. That we are officially "In Process." The first visit of our home study was Monday! It wasn't anything exciting, just more of a review of paperwork, overview, and scheduling - but it's still a step!! And it also means that if (by chance) the right opportunity came along, we could be considered as potential adoptive parents. I've heard many talk about how nervous the home study made them - I don't think that either Mark or I felt nervous meeting with Becky. We want her to get to know us as well as possible so that she can give an accurate picture of our lives. And we want any birth moms out there to know that a child coming into our family will be loved and cherished. So, we are excited about sharing ourselves as part of the home study.
Next week, Mark and I meet with Becky individually. After that, we meet as a couple again. Sounds like we can anticipate the home study process to be about 6-10 meetings. We were given a folder and for those of you who are familiar with the process, all I can say is "Let the paperwork begin." We've got a pile of it, but it is all part of the journey to our child and we are thrilled to be on this journey!

What are you thankful for today? I'll be waiting to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill