Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, June 5, 2009

Fabulous Friend Friday

It's a TGIF kind of a day - I'm ready for the weekend. But first, I need to take the opportunity to honor one of my fabulous friends!

Today, that person is Kari. We met in grade school - the summer between 4th and 5th grade - in summer band - we both played the flute. Although we went to different grade schools, we developed a friendship that was solidified when we started attending the same junior high. Over the years, we have tied up the phone lines for hours on end - laughing, crying, doing all those things that best friends are about. We have had many adventures over the years, some great stories, some much too embarassing to share with anyone else - we've lived close together and far apart. We were nannies in New York together and have shared some of the best and worst moments of each other's lives. Any lasting friendship is likely to have some bumps over the years. Unfortunately, Kari and I have also had those. We've been friends for nearly 30 years and in spite of those bumps, I consider her to be a very important part of my life . I look forward to being her friend for at least another 30 years and sharing many more adventures with her. And when our little one arrives, I am hoping that Auntie Kari (personal joke) will be involved in our child's life! In the meantime, I honor her as my friend today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill