Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, June 26, 2009

Fabulous Friend Friday

I know... I missed last week. Not very nice way to honor all of my wonderful friends... on the last Fabulous Friday, I had mentioned some special people that I wanted to recognize - now I'm behind in that. Oh, well. Life is that way sometimes.

Today, I honor my friend Delores. We met about 12 years ago when we worked on the same unit at the hospital. Delores is one of God's most faithful servants - she loves Him and encourages others to do the same. There are many things that make Del (as she is known to most of her friends) special to me. She is genuine and she makes me laugh. She is compassionate and has held me when I cried. Del is my prayer partner. She has prayed on my behalf in my darkest hours when I literally could not find the words and she has rejoiced with me in my happiest moments. Del has a heart for God that is apparent to all who meet her. She is tender hearted, compassionate, and someone that I am honored to call "friend." The following quote says it well,

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~ Henri Nouwen


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill