Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fabulous Friend Friday

I received one of the most beautiful quotes today in an email. "Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest, but about who came and never left your side." There are a few people who immediately come to mind. Over the next three weeks, I will honor them on Fabulous Friend Fridays.

Denise W is who I choose to honor today. Denise and I have shared so much over the 15+ years that we have been friends. We met in nursing school, worked together, returned to school together and shared our lives. I am privileged to be god-mother to 2 of her 3 beautiful daughters. When the bottom dropped out of my world, Denise was there for as long I needed her to be before I could even ask. She has also shared many of the happiest moments of my life and was the matron of honor when Mark and I were married. When I called to tell her that Mark and I were starting our adoption journey, she was almost as excited as we were! Even though we are both so busy that we don't get togther as often as we would like, I know that if I called her right now and told her I needed her, she would be by my side. Denise has a wonderful sense of humor, she is a brilliant nurse, compassionate friend, and is beautiful inside and out. I am so glad that God brought her into my life!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill