Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Born from above

In church this morning, our gospel lesson was from John 3. In verse 3, Jesus makes a comment about no one seeing the kingdom of heaven unless they have been "born again." Our pastor talked about the actual translation being "born from above." That concept really struck me. I know that adoption is not what was being referred to - however, the phrase seems very appropriate as I think about our child. I've commented about how he or she is born in our hearts and I still feel that is true. However, I think that our child is also being "born from above" because God is in control of our adoption plans. He sees all of eternity and has known of Mark's and my desire for a child since the beginning of time. I believe in His promise of a child for us. God loves our child's birth mother, He loves the child we share, and He loves us. ALL of us are His children and we are born from above through Him - what an amazing gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill