Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Super Yummy Sunday

Many of you know that I love to cook. Recently, I was talking about baking that I had done over the weekend and a co-worker asked if it was stress relief for me. I'd never thought about it that way before, but yes... I guess it is a form of relaxation and something I enjoy. I've often thought that having a small little cafe would be wonderful - hard work? Absolutely. Long hours? Yep! But, it would be a way to nourish people's bodies and souls at the same time. Maybe I wouldn't enjoy cooking as much if it was an actual job - I don't know. But since I am nowhere near having my little cafe, I have to share my love of cooking in another way. If I had the opportunity to cook for each of you, I would love that! In the meantime, I've decided to share some of my favorite (and easiest) recipes with you on "Super Yummy Sunday" posts. I'll also label these posts as "recipes" so you can search for them if you want.

My recipe for today is an awesome Rhubarb Cake - even those of you who don't like rhubarb will enjoy this recipe.

1 package vanilla cake mix (can use any white or yellow mix)
4 cups rhubarb
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup Spl*nda
1/2 pint whipping cream
Prepare cake mix as directed and pour into greased 9X13 pan. Sprinkle sugar and Spl*nda over rhubarb and stir. Spoon this mixture over the cake mix. Drizzle whipping cream over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool; may invert onto serving tray if desired. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill