Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

We can always find something to complain about, can't we? It's sometimes a whole lot more difficult to find things to be thankful for. But today, there are a few things things that come to mind easily!
  • First, I am so thankful for my mother-in-law. Mark hurt his back yesterday and is pretty much immobile. Any movement causes significant pain. Joanne came over this morning to help get Maia on the bus, spend time with Matthew, get Maia OFF the bus, and take Matthew to school. She didn't hesitate when Mark called her at 6:30am and was at our house before I was ready to leave for work. What a blessing that was. Although I don't tell my in-laws often enough, I am so appreciative of all they do for us and the kids.
  • Second, I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my other in-laws this week. Bob's sister Cheryl is visiting from California so we met Cheryl and Bob's mom/step-dad for lunch. It was a short visit so am hoping we can get together again before she leaves, but at least we get a little time together.
  • And since I am on the subject of parents/families, this Saturday is Bunny Bun Day. This is a family tradition started by my mom when I was little. We bake Easter breads in anticipation of the holiday. Looking forward to spending time with mom, family, and friends!
  • Finally, I am choosing to be thankful for change. As I have shared recently, I have not been excited about this upcoming move to a new nursing home (job related). But, slowly God is adjusting my attitude and I am no longer feeling as sad about the change. I was able to walk into my new work location yesterday and feel a bit of excitement to see what opportunities God has for me there. 
  • Ok, I know I said finally above. But, I need to add one more thing. God showed me such a wonderful verse earlier this week during my devotional time. Isaiah 41:13 which states, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." What a great image to think of God holding our hand and leading us through life! I am thankful for His promises!!
What's on your Thankful Thursday list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill