Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today, a couple of thoughts immediately come to mind as I think about what to be thankful for.
  • The ability to hear when God speaks. Yesterday was one of "those" days. It started out ok, but by the time I got to work I was just crabby. No nice way of putting it, I was not in a good mood. I told the person I work most closely with (Anne - who is also a dear friend) that I was going to close my door and try to get my attitude straightened out. Recently, I brought a bible to work and put it in my desk. That's where it has stayed. So, I pulled the Bible out and started reading a few verses. Then, I had to get back to work. I usually have internet radio on as background music. All of a sudden, I paused to listen to the tune of an instrumental that was playing - trying to decipher what the song was. "It is well with my soul" - well, that stopped me in my tracks. It sure was not well with my soul at that moment. I began to sing the words to the song (in my head, not out loud or I would have scared all the patients and staff - lol) and suddenly, I felt so much better. God spoke to my soul, giving me peace, helping me to change my attitude. And even though the day didn't improve much, I was able to get through it without the negativity that was so present before. I am so grateful for his soft, tender voice when I take the opportunity to listen.
  • Speaking of opportunity, the next thing I am thankful for is the opportunity to trust my heavenly Father. There have been times in my life when I have wondered why God has chosen certain paths for me. As I have walked down them, instead of focusing on God, I have let stress and anxiety overcome me. Recently, I've had a few of those moments (I will probably share more specifics in a different post). But, I am reminded that God holds the future. I have the opportunity to make a conscious choice to trust that HE is in control, not me. Trust that He knows the plans for my life and that if I rely on him, God will reward that faith. Trusting in my Father will draw me closer to Him, calm my fears and questions, and bless my life.
What are you thankful for today??

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill