Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! Here's my gratitude list for the day.
  • First, I am thankful for choice. Today is Thursday and I am able to make a conscious choice to be thankful! It isn't always easy. And some days, there is no doubt in my mind that the devil is working overtime. He does everything he can to influence me to be ungrateful, crabby, upset, etc. In spite of that, I can choose to turn my face towards God and see His blessings in my life. It is MY choice to make.
  • Second, I am thankful for the beautiful sunrise that was happening as I was driving to work this morning. A reminder of God's beauty in nature.
  • Third, the amazing weather that our loving Father has blessed us with lately. The kids have loved being outside and soaking in the warmth and sun.
  • These precious faces that greet me every morning when I wake up. Today, I took a few minutes to play with them as I was getting ready for work. What fun to hear them laughing and giggling as we were chasing each other around the house. (Forgive the alignment, I couldn't get it to center correctly - ugh!)



Matthew in his favorite new church shirt - a gift from Grandpa Jerry so of course it is THE BEST! By the way, do you see the personality in that face? Oh my!! He does indeed enjoy being the center of attention.

                             
     Maia in her princess dress - which reminds of another thing to be thankful for. My sweet friend MaryAnn who blesses Maia with such beautiful clothes!
My two favorite guys!  Hanging out with daddy and watching tv is Matthew's favorite way to spend time.


I would love to hear what you are thankful for today!!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for gift of my son's Down syndrome. Without this gift, my eyes would have not been opened to the reality that other countries view this "gift" as disposable trash- to be hid away in an orphanage then an institution.

    Without this gift, I would have never started the process of adopting one of His chosen children who also has Down syndrome. I am thankful that our Shepard, Jesus Christ, will leave the 99 to go after the 1 lost sheep. I think the parable of the lost sheep refers to both the spiritually lost and those physically lost: without loved ones, without a home. I am thankful to be chosen by God to be His hands and feet here on earth, to go after a lost child to reclaim him!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill