Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love Notes and the weekend

First, a Love Note update. Three more of you have redeemed your certificates. All for the same child. A beautiful girl who is so close to aging out of the system. Once you turn 16 in her country, you are no longer eligible for adoption. Can you imagine what that would be like? To know that in just a few months, you will be 16 and you will never know what it is like to have parents, to grow up in a family. To know that you will be transferred to an institution that is unlike anything you can possibly imagine (blog post coming on that subject soon). It must be heartbreaking. I'm praying that a family will step forward in faith to bring this precious young lady home. And thanks to Michelle, Betsy (my SIL) and Joanne (my MIL) for choosing to bless Laurel with their Love Notes!




We had a nice weekend. Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. I love Saturday mornings. It's the only day of the week when I don't (usually) have to set the alarm. When the kids wake up, they come upstairs and crawl into bed with us. It's our time to cuddle and giggle - special bonding time. I thank God for those sweet moments. We had lunch with my parents. Hadn't seen them for a while so it was good to visit a little bit.
This isn't from yesterday, but here's a picture of
Matthew with one of his favorite people - Grandpa Jerry (my dad).


Today, we went to church and had lunch with Mark's parents. It was nice to spend some time with them as well. The weekends sure go faster than I would like. Back to work tomorrow. Now that we are done with doctor's appointments for a little while, I'm hoping to do an update on how the kids are doing very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill