Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This and That

Some day, Maia will hate us for this picture - lol!!

 Daddy trying to "stretch" Matthew out

Yes, I had to get a purse while I am here this time. This is my Versace knock-off - 100uah or about $12 
On our way home from the market up the street. Maia loves pushing the stroller.

Yesterday when we went to the orphanage, Matthew wasn't in his groupa. From the caregiver, I was able to determine that he had some type of "reaction." So, we headed to the infirmary. No Matthew. I did start to get a little concerned then. Called Olga who called Angelina (the orphanage director). One of the caregivers had taken him to the clinic to pick up paperwork which we need for his medical exam and Embassy visit in Kyiv. He was quiet when he got back. I won't go into the details here. We had a short visit because it was lunch time. At the end of our time, Mark went to see if the kids were still outside or if we needed to take Matthew inside. I stayed with Maia and Matthew. When I saw Mark coming back, I asked Matthew where daddy was. He went running to Mark, yelling "Da-yee, Da-yee." It was pretty cute!
Today, Matthew was more his excited self. Let me tell you, this boy adores his daddy!! He mimics Mark and loves to have daddy chase him around. Anything to get daddy's attention. Pretty sure he will be his father's son - lol! Our visit was a little short, the caregiver came and got him early - something about bathing, I think.
After we left the orphanage, Vitaly took us to the bazaar (one of the street markets) where we had shopped last trip. Mark was a good sport while I looked for a purse. Then, we went on a hunt for acetaminophen (Tylen*l). Apparently, you can't get it in this country anymore due to a decision to not renew the registration of the product here. Weird, huh?
Came back to the apartment, had lunch, and relaxed for a little while. Then, we walked up to the street market. We are hoping to see the English speaking lady we met last trip and another kind gentleman who sold fruit, but they have not been there so far. Picked up sweet corn which we had for dinner with a chicken hash that I made. No bragging, but it was pretty good.
Tomorrow, we will visit Matthew again in the morning. Since I didn't get out and explore today, I think I will do that in the afternoon if weather permits. The sun is very hot here, but when it is behind the clouds things are usually pretty comfortable.
I want to tell you about our sweet boy, but have been on the computer long enough so I will quit for tonight. Only two days until court - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill