Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another move and settled in

We had a nice time last night with the Mickschls and Allens. We had arranged to meet for ice cream, but all of us had the same idea and arrived at McD's earlier than planned to have dinner first. So, we had dinner together and after visiting a while, continued our time together at the Mickschls apartment (right above McDs).  It was a blessing to be able to spend time with others who are sharing a similar journey. This is the second adoption trip to Ukraine in less than a year for each of our families. Our evening ended with prayer and hugs for everyone. I didn't get the chance to say this last night, but thanks to Morgan for keeping Maia entertained!
I think I mentioned that the Mickschls had planned to move into the apartment we stayed in last time when the Allens headed back to Kyiv today. And we were scheduled to move into an apartment in the same quad on Tuesday. The Mickschls called this morning saying that they were very happy in their current location and asking if we would like our "old" apartment. Mark and I talked it over and decided to accept their offer. So, we packed up our things and checked out of the motel. Alex brought us to Sergei and Ludmila's place and we are now settled in. I've got things unpacked and it feels good to know that we will be in one place until we leave for Kyiv. We walked to the street market a few blocks away and I made spaghetti for dinner when we came back.
Maia is sleeping now. She's had a difficult couple of days, today more so. She got to bed late last night and was up way too early this morning. I'm sure the novelty of this traveling has worn off. Today was quite warm and she doesn't seem to do well in the heat, either.
When I blogged yesterday, I know I said I was going to update you on Matthew's adoption status and I'm sorry... I'm going to keep you in suspense one more day. It's getting late and I'm pretty tired. We will visit the orphanage in the morning and I will blog tomorrow afternoon with a progress report.
For today, a couple of prayer requests
- Pray for the Allens. They will arrive in Kyiv Monday morning and begin the Embassy/medical exam process to obtain Anastasia's visa. They hope to be heading home Thursday.
- Pray that Maia will feel more settled and secure now that we are not moving around so much. And that God will continue to prepare her for yet another life changing event when we bring Matthew home with us.
- Pray for bonding and attachment with Matthew. That God is preparing him to be part of our family and readying him for the journey that lies ahead.
- Pray for peace and comfort for Mark and I. There are times when things seem overwhelming. We miss home and long to be there with both of our kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. How ornery of you!! I will wait in suspense for your next update!

    I'm glad you're now settled into one spot for awhile. Packing and unpacking is very tiring.

    Praying for you family (all 4 of you).

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill