Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sobering Reminder

I was all set for a light, fluffy blog post tonight. Had a nice afternoon visiting the Nikitsky Botanical Gardens with Hansina and Morgan and enjoyed the day. I was going to post pictures with the beautiful scenery. But, I got on the computer to upload the photos and started reading the blogs I follow.

One of the entries was titled "How Can This Be?" There was a video link and I began watching. Soon, I was in tears. And I am reminded of the reason we are here. Yes, it is to bring home our son. So far this trip, my heart has not been broken like it was last time. I've been able to not be so emotional about the kiddos. But, after watching this video, I am again brought to my knees. All of a sudden I feel like what we have done is not enough, can never be enough as long as there a children out there who do not know the love of a forever family. The video is from His Kids Too. We were blessed to be able to meet the director of this orphan ministry on our way to Ukraine last month. She is passionate about saving the forgotten souls who are institutionalized because they are considered less than perfect by their society.

Our son was in danger of being transferred to a place like this when he turned four (last month). If you have the opportunity to meet him, you will know what a tragedy this would have been! For ANY child, transfer to this type of institution is a tragedy. I thank God that we were able to complete our paperwork to make him part of our family before that happened. Please take a few minutes to watch this video - ask yourself what YOU can do!

1 comment:

  1. Mark & Melanie, you have touched me more than you can know with this entry. I am praying as you suggested, to know what I can do. Thank you & God bless.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill