Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Monday!

Another hot day here in Sevastopol. One of the food items that we have not found here in Ukraine is maple or pancake syrup. I had old bread to use up so decided to make my own syrup this morning. Surprisingly, it didn't turn out too bad. I improvised a recipe that I had found online to make a peach syrup for our french toast. Maia thought it was a hit. She is amazing me with all of the foods she is trying. I hope it continues when we get home!
Alex was off today and Vitaly was driving the Mickschls so we had a new (to us) driver, Ghenya (sure I spelled that wrong) - he spoke English pretty well and we enjoyed having him with us for the day.
Visited Matthew this morning. Hansina took a couple of pics and was kind enough to email them to me so I will share here.

Playing on the slide. There is a little cement wading pool just to the left side of this picture (does it make sense that the slide doesn't go into the pool?).

Maia signing "more" sliding, please! The hat was a present from Dasha and her mom. I mentioned them last week - the Ukraine family who is adopting a little boy.

After our visit, we went out for lunch with the Mickschls. We went to a seafood restaurant which was quite good. This is my calamari appetizer.

Mark's grilled tiger prawns

Happy girl!!

Outside the restaurant on the waterfront.

Government buildings across the "bay"

Rest of the day was quiet. We're starting to count down... 12 days from now, we will be on our way home with our son!! Please pray that God is preparing Matthew for this huge change in his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill