Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Friday, July 15, 2011

Black, Red, and a little Blue

Black??

Sevastopol is located on the Black Sea. Today, Vitaly took us to the beach. These are military ships providing security because the Russian and Ukrainian presidents are in town for a motorcycle show this weekend.

 Here's the beach. You can see that it goes on for quite a distance. It is very rocky!

Mark in Black Sea

Maia and I sitting near the water. At first, I had her sitting facing the water. She was terrified when even small waves came up to us. So, I turned her to face me and she felt more secure. Gradually, she got a little more comfortable but still didn't want to get to close.

Maia did enjoy playing in the rocks. Vitaly is in the background.

Mark did take Maia out into the water. She was not too sure about that, but safe in daddy's arms.


That was about as deep as I was willing to go. The temp was pretty cool at first, but after being in the water for a little while, it felt good.



RED?


Yep, that would be my back. And this is after applying SPF 50! The clerk at the store warned me that it was for children, but really??? Maia isn't red at all! Go figure!

Tired out from the sun and playing!


And a little blue...

Didn't get to see my sweet boy today. We went to the orphanage this afternoon with Olga and the Mickschls to make our donations, but left without seeing Matthew. I hope he is ok. I can't wait to see him tomorrow morning.

We'll go the orphanage in the AM. After that, the plan is that Hansina, Morgan, and I will go to Nikitsky Botanic Gardens. Mark and Maia are going back to the apartment for an afternoon of relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our bloggy friends, but please keep this in mind.
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach." ~ Winston Churchill